- This event has passed.
Managing in Montana
August 24, 2016 @ 8:15 am - 4:30 pm$149.00
Managing in Montana – Critical information for Montana employers
In addition to a discussion of the new rules on overtime exemptions, the following topics will be covered:
- Which of my employees are going to be exempt from overtime?
- What are my responsibilities when an employee exhibits poor performance or conduct due to medical or disability-related issues?
- What are the rules for conducting employee background and reference checks?
- When is drug and alcohol testing of my employees allowed?
- How do I ensure my employees are legal to work?
- Can I ask an employee to take a polygraph test if they are suspected of theft?
- Can I refuse to hire someone if they are related to a current employee?
- When am I required to abandon or modify my rules for employees with disabilities or religious beliefs?
- When am I required to give employees time off versus when may I say no?
- What special handbooks policies are recommended for Montana-based employees?
- Can I use social media to check out an employee or candidate for unusual behavior?
- How do I deal with employees who have medical marijuana cards?
- Do I have to rehire people who previously quit my job?
- What justification do I need to terminate someone’s employment?
Montana employers are required to follow Montana employment rules which are often more restrictive than the requirements of federal law and other states.
Join Michelle Edmunds and Jim Nys of Personnel Plus for this challenging day of discovery.