- This event has passed.
Hire Smart: Recruiting Secrets from Professional Staffing Experts
October 14, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFREE
Cost: Free to Attend
Location: In-person: Flathead Valley Community College, Arts and Technology Building, Room 139 (in-person no need to register) or
Zoom option: https://fvcc.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUlcO6trDotHNP3Z3fjcD_QRTou_HInaVCs please register in advance
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
As organizations throughout Montana revive, recover and rebuild post Covid 19, hiring and keeping talented employees is priority number one. Whatever the industry, companies are desperate to attract good people, offering everything from generous sign on bonuses to subsidized child care to free concert tickets! But to gain real competitive advantage in the battle for talent, businesses need practical guidance in optimizing their hiring process with innovative recruiting practices that generate a ready supply of qualified candidates. More than ever, success requires planning and executing a comprehensive recruiting strategy.
SHRM’s here to help. We’ve brought together three recognized recruiting experts who’ve staffed companies throughout the state and the nation. Our panelists will share their hard won recruiting tips, tactics and secrets, including…
• The importance of building a pipeline of talented performers to be called upon when suitable opportunities arise.
• How the pandemic gives rise to conducting video interviews for both local and remote job seekers.
• How revising your company’s career page helps connect you virtually to a wider pool of candidates.
• How to distinguish your organization by stressing its COVID-19 related safety measures.
• How to position open opportunities by describing candidly the actual work to be done.
• How to use a variety of targeted job sites—Craigslist, Indeed, LinkedIn–to expand your reach.
• How to mobilize current employees to assist in your recruiting efforts; encourage them to always be connecting!
• How references can be a powerful recruiting tool in attracting passive job seekers.
• How to “close” candidates once an offer has been extended, and keep the sold on your organization.
• How to align your talent acquisition strategy with your company’s business strategy.
• How to assess candidates against objective standards while mitigating the effects of unconscious bias.
• How to attract the right people by delivering a positive candidate experience.
John Caldwell, Workforce Consultant, Job Service Kalispell
Theresa Fisher, Kalispell Branch Manager, LC Staffing
Ronda Wakefield, President, Northwest Montana HR Solutions