The funds of Flathead County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA) are invested to support a robust program of economic development for all of Flathead County. The budget supports:
- The acquisition of land and development of a rail served industrial park
- Montana West Economic Development administration fee
- Maintenance costs related to supporting FCEDA owned assets
- Support for Glacier Park International Airport’s air service enhancement projects
- Promotion of the Flathead as a place to do business
- Programs benefitting business retention and expansion
Funds may be used to leverage other public and private investment sources; investments may include a financial match for grants that benefit the region’s economy and/or provide reserves to secure funds for lending to area businesses. The organization is audited by Denning and Downing PLLC annually.
FCEDA investments in real property should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Attract significant private investment that adds to the tax base for the county.
- Attract employment opportunities that provide above average wages or higher skilled jobs.
- Secure a real asset that supports economic development and has market liquidity.
- Invest in assets that can provide a return to taxpayers.
- Stimulate long term business development where the private sector may not be willing to invest.
The FCEDA board endeavors to maintain liquid assets so that funds are available to take advantage of investment opportunities as they may arise.